Working at Adobe Road Winery
National Sales Manager
(Posted January 2, 2018)
Adobe Road Winery has an exciting, immediate career opportunity for a National Sales Manager.
Adobe Road is an award-winning boutique producer, crafting small production, ultra-premium wines from Sonoma and Napa counties. We just received our fourteenth 90+ score from Wine Spectator and Robert Parker in just this past year. Additionally, we are in the middle of building an exciting new winery and entertainment complex in the dynamic downtown Petaluma Riverfront District. Adobe Road’s sister company is The Racers Group, one of the top professional sports car racing teams in the country and we cross utilize many sales and marketing opportunities between the two entities. We currently produce approximately 5,000 cases and had a record year in all categories and are looking to grow.
We are looking for a true “rockstar” to fill this position. Our winery is poised to do something truly epic on both the sales side and with our new winery expansion project. This position is responsible for national distribution and wine sales in key U.S. markets.
Working closely with the CEO, the National Sales Manager is responsible for building brand presence while meeting and exceeding company objectives and sales goals. The ideal candidate will maintain strong relationships with distributors and provide sales support to potential and existing vendors. This includes time spent at national industry events such as Wine Spectator events, numerous promotional socials and wine dinners both locally and across the country. The successful candidate is required to support moderate levels of event planning and provide assistance, timely information and direction to tasting room staff.
* Promotes and sells Adobe Road Wines to meet and/or exceed company sales quotas, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities
* Develop effective distributor objectives based on business plan, monitors and measures performance versus goals, communicates set objectives and priorities to distributor partners and takes appropriate corrective action if goals are not being met
* Develops and maintains key account and target lists; develops relationships at top level accounts (on and off) both individually as well as with the distributor partners
* Follows pricing policies that capitalize on market opportunities while delivering company profitability
* Schedules and leads effective distributor sales meetings involving all levels of management; responsible for all follow up communication
* In market wine dinners and/or store openings. Ability to interact and educate with sales representatives, management, store owners and ultimate consumers.
* Coordinate tracking reports with distributors based on agreed upon goals, tracks programs and ensures solid program execution
* Provides feedback to Adobe Road Winery management and partners on a regular basis
* Submits required reports and expenses in a timely manner, meets all prescribed deadlines
* Manages point of sale (POS) and marketing materials needed for accounts; coordinate ordering sales tools to ensure a timely and effective market execution
* Conducts wine tastings, fund raisers, trade shows and other wine events including those in the local northern California bay area
* Monitors inventory and shipment levels to ensure depletion and profit goals are achieved
* Encourages cross-functional relationships throughout the organization with different departments
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field strongly preferred
* 3-5 years combined experience with wine suppliers and/or distributors in selling wines, building brands, and customer relations
* Experience in the fine wine industry required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong wine palate
* Strong sales skills
* Market knowledge, distributor relationship building and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication
* Strong presentation, analytical, planning, organizational, merchandising, and negotiation skills
* Ability to successfully execute sales plans and marketing strategies
* Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends
* Ability to stay current with company initiatives, policies and procedures, as well as products offered by the company's competition
* Motivated self-starter
* Genuine and persuasive presence to influence decision-makers
* PC literate with solid knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel), Quickbooks for basic invoice entry and reports, along with Google Drive
* Knowledge of wine and wine industry required
* Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds
Certificates and Licenses
* Valid driver's license, auto insurance and vehicle required with an acceptable driving record
* Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed
* When not travelling, you will be working from our Petaluma, California location
Full-time employment complete with Health Benefits paid by Employer, two weeks paid vacation and a sick/PTO plan.
Salary & Commission DOE. Willing to pay strongly for the right candidate.
The wines we are crafting are fantastic and the new winery project we are building in downtown Petaluma is a truly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for our small brand to do something truly “epic” in the wine world. If you are qualified and interested in joining an amazing team of people on this adventure, please apply.
If you'd like to apply for a career with Adobe Road Winery -- or know someone who might be a good fit -- please email firstname.lastname@example.org.