Premium Red Blend
- 50% Cabernet Sauvignon (40% Blue Dog Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, 10% Bavarian Lion Vineyards, Knights Valley)
- 23% Syrah, Rockpile, Jack Florence Sr. Vineyard
- 20% Cabernet Franc, Bavarian Lion Vineyards, Knights Valley
- 5% Petite Sirah, Rockpile, Branham Vineyards
- 2% Petit Verdot, Bavarian Lion Vineyards, Knights Valley
- 75% New French oak barrels
25% Used French oak barrels
Apex pours a dark purple-black into the glass. Licorice, plumbs, wet stones and blackberries lead the way, with smoked meat and wild blueberries framed by medium-firm tannins. Very full bodied and super smooth.
2018 was a beautiful vintage across Sonoma County. Grapes enjoyed a lengthy growing season with plenty of sunshine and moderate conditions throughout harvest. We were able to harvest each vineyard at the peak of ripeness, bringing you a vivid picture of the year, encapsulated in the bottle.
Apex is the pinnacle of our blends. Each year we aim to fully express the quality of the vintage by selecting the best lots from our cellar and bringing them together. For the 2018 Apex we focused on the areas of Dry Creek, Rockpile, and Knights Valley; showcasing the best Sonoma county has to offer across multiple elevations, aspects, varieties and clones. Each lot is individually picked, fermented, and meticulously matched with French oak barrels that bring out incredible aromas and flavors. Apex is our best-of-the-best blend, and always delivers!
1000 cases 750ml | Limited number of 1.5L magnums